Click on thumbnails below to view large photos
PowerPlastics Pool Covers is a national supplier of eco-friendly swimming pool covers, designed with day to day sustainability in mind. Our range of covers allows pool owners to make better choices not only for the environment but for their household budgets too.
Eco-conscious pools – the shift away from heavy water, power and chemical consumption
Homeowners are at last waking up to the fact that their daily actions do impact the environment. One of the first things addressed are swimming pools and their notable carbon and water footprint – something easily addressed with a pool cover.
Our EnergyGuard cover, designed in response to the power crisis remains a bestselling thermal cover across South Africa, and receives accolade for its locally unparalleled design and eco benefits.
The Sol+Guard cover is an innovative solution for heating your pool without any electrical pumps or solar panels required. This cover also effectively retains the water's heat, for comfortable water temperatures.
- Reduce water evaporation by 98%. How often you have to top up your pool when levels drop, especially in summer? You'll be topping up far less with a thermal cover.
- Reduce chemical input by 50%. A thermal cover stops chlorine from dissipating in sunlight so, with a cover, any chemicals you put in the pool work more effectively. Consumption is therefore lowered.
- Reduce algae growth. Due to their dark colour, sunlight can't penetrate a thermal cover and therefore algae can't grow.
- Power consumption. A pool typically accounts for 12% of the home's energy bill. Because your pool cover prevents debris collecting in the water and reduces algae growth, you'll run your pump 50% less than you do currently.
- Warmer water – 6 to 8 degrees warmer water. A thermal pool cover absorbs the sun's natural energy, transfers it to the water and also curtails the natural heat loss cycle. In enjoyment terms, an eight-week longer swimming season either side of summer.
- Winterising. We may be in Africa but still there are a few months a year in which only the brave or daft swim in unheated outdoor pools! Yet in those months you're still pouring water, power and chemicals into your pool but getting zero enjoyment out of it. Our thermal covers are the most innovative way to shut down a pool for the off season and scale back maintenance costs. Think of it like putting your satellite TV subscription on hold when you're away for long periods. Why spend money on something you're not using?
Also available is the Solid Safety Cover to prevent child drownings, the fully automated chic Starline Roldeck range imported from the Netherlands, and a range of rollup stations and pool cover accessories.
We operate in the Western Cape as well as Gauteng
Services & Vendors
- Babies and Children
- Buildings and Homes
- Business Services
- Clothing & Accessories
- Conservation and Environment
- Food and Drink
- Health and Beauty
- Music and Entertainment
- Solar, Wind and Water